Sunday, August 8, 2010

What a BIG Mess!!!!

Christian doesn't seem to be getting the whole potty training thing yet.  He goes for days without any accidents and then it is like he regresses and he will stand there, grab his diaper as he is peeing and say, "I peeing myself."  Then he goes back to his room, and changes his own diaper.  This has been somewhat comical and very frustrating all at the same time.  I have worked and worked with him and last week we had a potty chart.  IF he ever fills the potty chart with stickers, which he gets every time he pees and two stickers if he poops in the potty, then and only then he can go and spend the night at one of his grandmother's houses.  He seems to understand and gets so proud of himself when he goes potty like a big boy. 

Okay, so last night, we were sitting in the living room while the kids were taking naps.  Or, so we thought.  Christian was extremely quiet and finally I heard him say, "mommy, I have to poop in potty."  so I jumped up and went to help him.  I heard his voice coming from the bathroom and much to my dismay, their were poopy footprints back my hall and leading to the toilet where he was sitting.  I screamed when I saw the mess.  He had pooped in a pair of underwear that he had used instead of his diaper, on his own accord.  He then must have pooped in the boxers and instead of calling for my help, he decided to change his pants.  The problem, yup, you guessed it. .  ..POOP everywhere. 

He had started trying to use the wipes to clean himself out, and that was apparent due to the massive amount of " " that was all over the container.  Then he had realized he couldn't do it, so he walked to the bathroom, but only after taking his boxers, full of poop, off and getting the mess all over his legs and butt and apparently he stepped in it cause it was even between his toes.  He then must have proceeded to the bathroom, leaving a stinky trail behind, and tried to get on his stool to get on the potty.  There were clumps everywhere, and all over the toilet.  When I saw his hands, it looked as though he had played in it directly like play dough.  I was seeing red.  It took awhile to clean up and my hubby was awesome at helping me.  He gently warned me to keep my mouth shut so as not to say anything I didn't mean.  I was pretty angry and Micah wasn't sure what to do with me.  We did get it all cleaned up but I am still wondering why he isn't getting it. 

Anyone have any suggestions.  Micah thinks maybe he was just trying to help me and doesn't understand not to change his own poopy mess.  Grr, just wish I knew how to help the poor guy.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment