Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Love Of My Life - How We Got Started.

My Hubby . . .  He is my best friend, from college, that I happened to fall in love with.  I met him a few years before I entered college at our mutual Church, Five Forks BIC.  He was a guy that caught my attention even then, due to his humor and believe it or not, the way he treated his girlfriend at the time.  She was his high school sweetheart and we actually went on double dates a few times.  I loved the way he cared for her and I told my mom and Grandma that someday, I was going to marry a guy just like "Micah Bumbaugh."  Guess what, I married the. . ."Micah Bumbaugh!"

 We ended up going to the same college and having a few of the same classes.  Because he was one of three males in our class and we all had to have partners for labs and tests, The other two guys got together and so He didn't have a partner.  We kind of always got paired because we somewhat new each other.  ALL of my favorite moments in college consisted around him.  I had no idea I was falling in love with him, because he was practically engaged and I had no issue about dating other guys.

One thing for sure though, this guy made me laugh.  He still does that to this day.  He makes my whole world light up and makes my heart smile.  He is my biggest fan and loves me with all of his heart.  A few of the qualities I always knew I needed in a spouse was someone to

1.) Make me laugh.  If you can't make me laugh, you are a boring person and not for me
2.) Had to be a Christian and take his relationship with the Lord very seriously.  I had spent a lot of time praying about this quality.
3.) Needed to love my family.  My family is and always will be a huge part of my life.  We are very close.
4.) Wanted his wife to stay home with his kids.  This Micah had down pat since he once told me how he thought the stay at home wife and mom were the hardest working people in the entire world. 
5.) Was open and honest and my best friend.

So, as you can see or you will be able to see soon, He had all of these qualities and many more.  He is amazing and I can't wait to tell our love story on this blog.  I love reminiscing and this is only the beginning.  

Micah Bumbaugh, you make my heart smile.  Thanks for being you!!! 

1 comment: