Monday, August 9, 2010

Fun Family Day at Municipal Pool

Well, we got up and couldn't decide what to do on this very hot Sunday. We went to Church and then decided to head over to the municipal pool to let the kids swim around for awhile.  It ended up being Just the four of us and it was a very relaxing time.

The kids loved the small wading pool and the toys that were floating around.  Ava was working on her swimming underwater and Christian was trying to water the grass with chlorinated water.  :)  They did have fun hanging out in the wading pool though.  It is a little strange though cause the water tastes a tad salty.  Maybe a bit concerning. :)

Then we headed over to the larger kid pool.  The kids love this one cause they can still touch but it is up to their necks and chests depending on how far they go out.  The best part though was the slide.  The kids loved this the day I brought them, but I couldn't keep them from going under very well.  Every time Nana or I took them down the slide in the past and neither of us could hold them up and the kids hated feeling as though they were drowning.  So, when Daddy offered to take them down, they were more than happy.  Ava went first and she was a tad scared but she had a blast.  Daddy had to slow down some when taking her down as per her request.  However, Christian would say, "Daddy I so scared" with a big smile on his face and then he would laugh and smile the entire way down.  Ava finally did request to go a little faster.  I just stood back and took pictures.  He is such a good daddy.  I am not sure how many times he took them, but he had to be exhausted.  The most amazing thing was how totally and completely they trusted him and how they knew he was not going to let them down.  The following Pictures are a few memories I will always have in my mind and heart.  I will never forget the fun memories of this day and how much My heart sang seeing them enjoying their daddy so very much. 

Getting ready to go down the slide.


Daddy and his Princess

Daddy and his Little Man



Ava's Eye looks funny, but I know they were having so much fun.  They were sad today when they woke up and Daddy had to go back to work.  That told me how much they enjoyed spending time with Their very special Daddy.  I love him and couldn't ask for a better role model for my kids. :)

1 comment: