Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cowan's Gap with My Bumbaughs

We headed up to the Gap with family today.  The kids love this place, of course.  We went with Lori and her kids and Fawn with Isaac.  Ava loves her older cousins and her aunts.  She refers to anyone in Micah's family as "My Bumbaughs".  My kids love  hanging out with their cousins.  This has to do of course, with the fact that our nieces and nephews take time with them and love on them. 
 My children actually believe that they are part of the older crowd. Have you ever seen that tiny toy poodle running beside a Great Dane and though it looks odd to all of us, you can see the little dog has no idea it is running with the big dog.  In fact, you may even at times see this small dog yipping and barking at the big dog, completely unaware the big dog could eat it alive.  Well, this is a great word picture for you to see how my kids are with their cousins.  They not only love the attention, but they expect it.  They almost think their cousins are there for their sole entertainment.  It is scary, but comical.  I sometimes see them grabbing an older cousins hand to lead them where they want to go or even barking orders at them.  My nieces and nephews are all so very sweet and awesome that they take and it make my kids feel so special.  It makes me so happy to see some of my favorite people in the world loving on my kids.  The same goes for the rest of our family.  Family is awesome.

So we went to the Gap and the kids played and practiced swimming.  Christian was looking for fish with Renee and Garrett and Isaac.  Ava was jumping like a dolphin with Kelsey and Brooke.  
 
Kelsey and Christian eating and posing for a picture.
Gorgeous Niece of mine. . .Love her.

Two of my beautiful sister in laws.
Renee and Kelsey. . . sisters and best friends.
Garrett and Christian playing in the small water hole. 
Hi Isaac!!  Eating his chicken strips. . . real food as he referred to it.
Garrett and his French Fries.
We did have fun and on the way home, Ava told me I should call her Bumbaughs and tell them we are going there again tomorrow and swimming and eating.  :)  Isn't she funny?  It was fun though.  As close as we are going to get this year of going to the beach together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment