Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Boardwalk Fun and Activities at Ocean City MD - 2010

We hit the boardwalk every night.  We come out on Talbot Street and we always started the night with Korh Brother's Ice Cream Cones.  Our family favorite was chocolate peanut butter twist.   Mom loved the Strawberry-Banana Twist. 

MMMM - Ice Cream . . .this became Ava's first question everyday when she woke up. . "Are we going to get ice cream tonight?"



My 2 Favorite MEN


And this is my tribute to the awesomest ice cream ever!!

The boardwalk always is so interesting and different every night. The kids got balloon animals, hats and swords.  They also got to see many different characters including Dora, Sponge bob, the Easter Bunny (don't ask), Spiderman, Superman, Minnie Mouse, Statues and puppets. 


The kids loved seeing the characters.  I happened to have my camera when they saw the Cookie Monster.  Christian was so excited.  He loves to blow kisses to the characters. The funniest thing was when he walked by Spider man and turned around, smiled and blew him a kiss.  I started laughing and explained to Christian that it is one thing to blow kisses to Minnie Mouse, cause that is what she does to all the kids, but Spider man would prefer a high five.  Not sure he got it but I had to laugh.  :) It actually was kind of cute.


There was a gold painted statue that was so life like. You actually wondered if he was a real person and then he would bend over and hand the kids lollipops when they tipped him.  He stood as a tribute for all those who have served.  IT was pretty cool. There was a girl painted in silver too and she was pretty cool.  The kids were very confused and then surprised by these two characters.


All over the boardwalk, they were selling these toys called clapper balls or something like that.  My mom had these when she was a girl and I knew she could do it.  People were stopping and looking and asking her how to do them, and I think the store would have hired her to stand there and do that all night.  She was impressive with her talent. I had, the night before, tried to impress Micah with my talents but failed miserably.  :)  She succeeded in impressing him. :)

We even had Troy and Carrie trying them.


And then, Of Course, the kids had to have a go at it.  They were funny.  Notice they picked the color they then wanted to purchase.  We didn't buy them for the kids though.  Definitely be a weapon issue some day.


The boys waiting for mommy to get her DDs coffee off the boardwalk.  We walked 9 streets for this coffee. :)  My family loves me.

Our three little monkeys, hanging out on the BOARDWALK.



The kids had so much fun seeing all of the entertainment.  :)



One of my favorite part of the boardwalk was the night we stopped to see this guy make some puppets sing and dance and play instruments.  They asked for a volunteer and my kids raised their hands.  He called them up and gave them guitars and told them to rock out with the puppet.  Christian was in his element.  He was standing there, the exact same height as the puppet and he was dancing and rocking away.  Ava was up there too, but she was old enough to be slightly nervous knowing all eyes were on her.  HE had no clue.  He was just having a blast. At the end, the guy thanked them and gave Ava a rose for helping and handed Christian a dollar.  :) I was so proud of little man. 




Hanging out on the boardwalk.  Fun group.


Spending time with the love of my life.  The Boardwalk was the first place Micah told me he loved me.  It will always carry great memories for us.  Love you Schmookums.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the pics! Especially the one of you, Ava, and your mom - GREAT picture! Also the one of her balancing is super cute, and the one of you and Micah at the end...aaaw! :)So glad you guys had a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nici. It was fun and I appreciate the memories.

    ReplyDelete