Monday, August 2, 2010

So much to do, not enough time!!

Okay, so most of my loyal friends know i have OCD and I am not ashamed of that, just trying to deal with it. I do have so much on my mind all the time so I have to get it down.  Journaling helps and thus my reasoning for the blog that I am keeping. I figure, it may not be as fun for everyone to read, but memories and logging them is one of my obsessions, so I figure if this helps. . . so be it.  Sorry for those of you who are bored. 

Anyway, so I keep jumping back and forth between the many stories, past and present going on in my life.  I am not finished with the Disney experience, but I have other things pending on my mind at the moment, so just to let you know I am definitely going to be jumping around in this blog. (You probably already noticed.)

So today, I am talking about my newest venture and I am so so excited.  I have been praying about whether or not to put Christian in preschool.  He just started with Speech therapy two weeks ago and that is to happen once a week for a year or until he reaches his goals. I knew he was a having a tad bit of trouble picking up on the things I was going over with him, but to be honest, the Speech therapist told me last week that he was a very quick learner.  This made me smile.  She said it is a matter of how he has to learn it, so we are working with him here at home and they are doing Speech therapy with him. The really neat part is, only after 2 sessions, he is already showing some major improvement. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.  HE can't stop talking and he is finally using more full sentences.  :)

With all this said, I have been really struggling with whether or not to put him into a preschool or just try it some at home.  A few of my other mom2mom buddies told me about this awesome "Heavenly Homemakers preschool curriculum" and I am psyched.  It is a really neat home school preschool program that is biblically based.  I have prayed about it and decided to give it a try.  It is called, "Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve."  I am nervous and hoping to start the first week next week, taking this week to plan. I hope things go good and as planned.  My thoughts are if he doesn't do good with this, then I always have next year to put him in preschool before the following year when he goes to kindergarten.  I am so excited and yet, I wonder if I can give the kids what they need.  DO they need schooling from some on other than myself?? I am not sure. 

My reasons for trying this.. . .

- I spent my entire life wanting to have kids and now my dream is here, so I am struggling with having to send them away before I am ready and before I HAVE to. I only have about five years with them anyway before they are integrated into the school system. 
- what do I have to lose?? I can teach them morals and academics
- No schedule.  . . .We still get up when we want and go to bed when we want.  It is easier on all of us that way.  If we have a hard week, we catch up the next week. 
- this program teaches service to others, and i want my kids to have servants hearts. :)

These are a few of my reasons.  I hope things work out. I will keep you updated.  Please, if you are a praying person and you think of it, keep me in  your prayers this week, along with my other mom friends trying this, that we would be able to plan accordingly and do this curriculum the way God intended it to be done.  :) 

Signing off :  Anticipating Big Things.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, you'll have to keep us posted. It is so hard to make these decisions! The program sounds fun -- I'm glad you're trying it. Reid told me the other day that since I know lots of things and used to be a teacher that he wants me to be his teacher instead of going to school. We'll see...maybe in a few years. Do you have to bring Christian somewhere or do they come to you? And I totally understand your need to journal & record the memories -- I'm there! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete