Monday, October 17, 2011

When Life Gives you Apples - Make Applesauce

I think we have all heard it said, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  Well, life gives us lots of apples for the fall and even though Christian would still rather his sister be here at home with us, he still tries to make the best of what time we do have at home without her.  He still asks about her alot and is always sad when she gets on the bus, but he is starting to adjust to our newer routine of just him and I. 

One of our activities we have been doing more of is making and preserving all things Apples.  He loves to help me season the cooking apples and then grinding the apples into applesauce with the food mill. He usually makes it through the first little batch and then he is done. . but none the less. . .he is doing great at making Applesauce out of the Apples in life. :)  He may get bored while at home with just me, but I have to say for me, I am not bored, I am in love with this little man in my life and savoring every moment.  Until some other GIRL sweeps him off his feet and steals his heart, I will most definetly savor being his favorite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment