Friday, October 21, 2011

Ava's Boys

I am going to blog about the "Special Like Interests" in my daughter's life. I know she is only 6 and she is young but hey, when you like boys, you like boys.  Right?  Anyway, I promise as she gets older, I won't embarrass her through my blog entries, but for now, since she can't read this and won't know I did this, I am gonna share some sweet secret conversations between her and I over the past year.

First, one must know that Ava has a loyal streak in her like her father.  When she says she is going to do something or that she really likes someone, she means it.  So, that said, she has had one HEARTTHROB that has lasted for the past few years.  His name is Titus Mong and he is three months younger than her.  He is actually extremely sweet and her daddy and I totally approve, but not for another 30 years or so.  They are really cute though when they get together.  They have grown up hanging out since his parents and Micah and I love to hang out and vacation together.  So the kids have kind of grown up together.  We have numerous pictures of them all the way from when they were both laying on their backs as babies beside each other to now when they are hanging out.  We, as parents, did the typical funny thing and joked around about them getting married but we stopped talking about it in front of them as they got older.  Below are some pictures of the cuties while at the beach last year.


We actually have captured at least one picture each year of these two curled up in some Way like this on the couch in the beach condo. . sleeping like this.  This year in particular, we heard him ask her to scratch his back so she did for awhile and next thing, we looked over and saw them sleeping.  See Christian in the background playing with her hair. :)

Okay, so I am not pushing them together, but they do have fun and we love to see how they get along.

One day we were out at Troy and Carrie's house and Titus was pushing Ava on the swings.  He was being really sweet and Micah happened to be within hearing distance of this conversation.  It went a little something like this:
Titus said, "Aba, I am gonna marry you someday." (very matter of  fact)
Ava Said, "you are?  okay." (Like, that would be okay with her)
Titus said something like, "will you marry me then?"
and this is how the conversation went.  Then we packed them up to go to the carnival and as we were leaving, he climbed up into our vehicle. . .kissed Ava and handed her some hand picked flowers.  Then when we got to the carnival. . .  they were inseparable.  They held hands and had arms around each other.  It was quite comical.  When they said goodbye, they hugged each other and gave a quick kiss on the cheek.  We we were on our way home, Ava informed me that she really was gonna marry him someday.

Another funny incident, that threw us all of a loop.  We were at the beach this year with Carrie, Troy and Titus again.  We were waiting for our food at the restaurant and the kids were getting a little antsy.  They were tired from our long day on the beach.  Ava finally asked daddy if she could lay over on his lap and he said yes.  Titus, was propping his little head on his little arm and leaning on his mommy all at the same time. He was directly across from Ava, and he mentioned to his mother, in a very DREAMY voice, "I just LOVE her.  I'm gonna marry her."  Carrie looked at me and we howled laughing.  He quickly recovered from his dreamy state and said, "uuuhh, I mean I am gonna marry you mom."  I think he thought he was going to hurt Carrie's feelings.  He is hilarious.

A week later I was finishing salsa and Ava was talking to me as she was helping me.  She randomly started talking about having babies someday when she grew up. I informed her she had to find a daddy for her babies first.  She said, "I know mommy, I am gonna marry someone just like daddy.  He is nice and a good daddy and he is Hot and stuff."  OOPPS think she has heard me talking to daddy. I told her then that she was too young to call someone HOT.  Now she thinks it is a bad word.  Anyway, she then quietly thought for awhile and said, "mom, what if I line all the boys up and I ask them if they have Jesus in their hearts.  IF they say no, I say, you're going home."  hahahah, what confidance to think she is gonna have that many guys to line up for her. ;)  Finally, and this is my favorite, she says, "mom, I know I am going to marry Titus and stuff, but what if I forget to marry him?"  I had to go on to tell her that if she forgets to marry him, then he wasn't the one for her. 
She has had a few other guys she likes or has crushes on.  One of them being Peter from the series Narnia. She even wrote him a note one day and put it in the mail box, addressed PETER.  She def. likes the dirty blonds.  She also liked a boy from her Bible school this year, but he was 19 years old.  His name was Luke.  She didn't even tell me she liked him but I think everyone around her knew it for she was stuck to him like glue.  She kept leaving her crew leader, who was my brother, to go stand near LUKE.

Now this brings us up to Kindergarten.  I was waiting for the day of when the "do you like him" drama started in school for her.  Sure enough, she came home last week and said, "mom, someone today asked me if I liked Isaiah. I was mad and said, NOOO!!"  I asked her if she liked him and she said, "No I don't and I told those girls I already had a boyfriend!"  yup, you guessed it, she fessed up to having a boyfriend named TITUS.  hahah, well, her daddy and I think if having a boyfriend in another school district keeps her from having boyfriends in her school, then that is great. ;) 

Okay, so yesterday she comes home and says, "mommy, Trevor hugged me today in school!"  UHOH, I saw it all over her face.  After awhile she admitted that "Trevor is really funny and we laugh a lot and tell knock knock jokes."  Then she said, "I guess I like him more than all the boys in my class and I might even be his friend still when we are in THIRD GRADE!!"  I started laughing and then she said, "I guess I just like Titus and Trevor both.  Now what?"  I told her she was allowed to have two guys she liked for now and we dropped it.  Then Daddy heard her say she got hugged and he was picking on her about needing to "have a talk with this boy."  She got all scared and was telling him, "no daddy!!! Trevor is a really nice boy."  She informed me that she is shy with Trevor, but doesn't get that shy with Titus. :) She also said she doesn't want to tell Titus that she likes someone else and him too.  I didnt' tell her that Titus has lots of other Options of his own. ;)

So, that is the latest on the boy drama in my six year old's life.  Hopefully it stays this low key and so far she has picked great guys. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment