Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chucky Cheese with Nana and Pappy

My mom and dad came to visit us from Missouri.  They moved about a year ago, and so it had been three months since the last visit, I think.  We decided to do something fun as a family, so my parents took my brother and I and our families to Chucky Cheese.  The kids were mostly excited because they "had seen a commercial about this place."  We got pizza and then the kids each got a cup of tokens and were sent on there way to go and make memories.
Here Christian and I are playing the "pop the bubble game."  We had way too much fun with this one.  Below, Dad and Ryan and sharing a deep conversation while Sofia is trying to figure out how to get her belt unstrapped for the ride. :)

The kids got to dance with Chucky and then they just hung out with him for awhile.  Sofia wasn't too sure of him on her own, she kind of stood behind the bigger kids.  Reece wasn't too interested in Chucky but Christian was so excited.  Then they realized they could see themselves on the big T.V. if they were standing in a specific spot, so they took turns, HUMBLY PUSHING each other out of the way so they could each be front and foremost.  :)

Nana was attempting to help show Ava how to play this game and win some tokens.  Sofia was quite interested.  Then below, the men were showing the boys how to play baseball and pin ball.  Wonder who was having more fun?

Ava found her favorite ride, her own personal horse to ride.  She was in her glory, on a horse and Nana and Pappy on either side.
Roman was just hanging out and being cool.

We had a really fun family day, full of laughs and good memories. I am grateful for the memories we shared and it reminded me of how we used to make the best memories when my grandparents would visit us from Missouri.  Memories are what keep the relationships going strong.  What a fun day.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle... I miss your mom and dad!! I have so many memories!! Please tell them I said hi....Ryan too!

    ReplyDelete