Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I have been wanting to have icicle lights put on my house for years now so I could have a lit up house for Christmas.  My mother-in-law and I have been talking about this and each year we say we are going to take a day and do it and have never gotten around to actually doing it.  So, this year, for my birthday, I get a phone call.  My lovely Mother-in-law and Father-in-law are coming to my house on my birthday and bringing the ladder so we can put the lights up.  SO sweet. I had plans and had to meet a friend for lunch later that afternoon, so we only had a few hours and so we thought we could hurry up, do the project and be done in time. However, there is something you may or may not know about myself and my mother-in-law.  . .  .We think we can do more in a days time than we really can. :)  After a few set backs and a run to the store to get more of what we needed, making a surprise last minute batch of applesauce (because we have time.) and a hubby who was somewhat stressed at us trying to get all this done in a few hours, the lights were up.  They looked awesome and I was sooo happy with my birthday present. :)

What a sweet birthday present and it made me smile every time I came home and saw the lights lit up.  Christian of course had so much fun playing on the ladder, pretending it was a train track and he was the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment