Tuesday, September 7, 2010

When Will I Grow UP?

We have been telling Ava things like, "wow, you are growing up so fast" and "we can't believe you are almost 5 years old, you are really growing up" and anything else along those lines.  Not thinking how this was processing in her mind.  So, Sunday night, she ended up sleeping in her bed all night, and she came over at sunrise Monday morning.  Usually she comes right over and climbs up in our bed but this time, I heard our door but no one climbed into bed.  I peeked over the edge and there she was in front of our mirror standing and tilting her head back and fourth.  She had a strange look of anticipation and then disappointment on her face.  I quickly laid my head down and pretended to still be sleeping.  She came over and climbed up into my bed and quietly whispered, "mom, is this my birthday today?" I said yes it was and told her happy birthday.  Then she said, "then, why didn't I growed up?  I am supposed to growed up today and I didn't."  I realized what she had been looking at in the mirror.  She thought she would be all grown up and she didn't look any different.  Poor thing.  It was really sweet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment