Thursday, September 2, 2010

That's not Living. . . that's Dying.

Yesterday we had to take a detour and we ended up driving past the airport that Micah and I skydived out of.  I told the children that Daddy and I jumped out of a plane from that place.   Ava's eyes got really really big as she exclaimed, "did you guys hold hands and scream?"  she asked me this three times so finally I said we did scream and she said, "wow, I bet that plane was really loud cause you were screaming." 

Then she asked me why we did it. I told her I wasn't sure, but it just seemed scary and fun. Then I said, we had parachutes and people that were watching us and coaching us.  She was still wide eyed and just in pure amazement.  I guess since she had been in a plane to Disney, she understood how scary it would be.  She said, "I am not doing that before I get married." and I agreed think she should never do it.  Then I told her we were okay and still living and she said as quick as could be, "That's not Living, that's dying."  She shocked me with that one. 

The funny thing is this. . .When you are a parent and your kid is thinking of jumping out of a plane with only a parachute, it is a whole different ball game than when you yourself decide to do it.  Sorry to my parents and Micah's for how scary that had to be.  :)  Lets all pray Ava is not the dare devil we were, cause I want her to be LIVING not Dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment