Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ava's 5th Birthday Party Meets Hurricane Earl

Ava's 5th Birthday was a princess party that I have been planning for about a year now.  Well, I haven't been planning as much as just dreaming of this day.  I wanted to have a somewhat big party and of course I knew she would want princesses to to pit all off.  I picked up a few items over the year, each month, so the cost wouldn't be so much at the actual event.  I had stocked up on table clothes, decorations, streamers, balloons, and all sorts of princess items.  I rented the Norlo Park Pavilion and set the date for the 3rd of September.  This was a Friday night and I started early on praying for good weather, since in the past years, her birthdays have not been nice weather. 

Long story short, I went to the pavilion an hour and a half early to set up.  I was all excited and then I got there.  The wind was so massive that I couldn't get the table clothes on the tables.  I was by myself, and it literally took me 10 minutes to get one table cloth on the table. When people started arriving, they were all trying to help me set up everything but the decorations wouldn't hold up against the weather.  It was so sad.  We ate first and then got pictures with the cake. 

Right after taking pictures, a huge gust of wind from Hurricane Earl blew in and everything went everywhere.  Table clothes and gifts were swirling around and everyone was grabbing things and throwing them in the back of my vehicle.  It was chaotic and who would have guessed that I would have picked the one day the hurricane weather was going on.  :)  Oh well, the kids had a blast with the table clothes and using them as kites running around in the wind.  Though I was sad and felt all disheveled, I realized Ava was having a blast and that was all that really mattered.

I over heard Ava telling her Pappy sweetheart that she had a wonderful birthday!!!  That was all I needed.

2 comments:

  1. i love that they used the tablecloths as kites! sorry it was so crazy but i love that she loved it. i love that it doesn't always go how we expect but can still be fabulous for them :). happy birthday, princess ava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet.... so glad she had a blast. but enough already, i have been very patient- where are the pictures???

    ReplyDelete