Monday, September 13, 2010

Diving into Letter D Week

I am so loving this Alphabet preschool curriculum. I think the kids are loving it too.  I have decided that I am officially doing this with Ava and Christian can participate in what he wants, but I am not going to force him to do any of the activities he doesn't want to.  This is working better for all of us.

So for Letter D Week, we DID so much!! First of all, Mommy took this opportunity to Drive to Dunkin Donuts almost everyday for Donuts and DDs iced Coffee.  ;)  I have to have some fun for myself while doing all this, Right?

Okay, so a few of the Daily activities included Discussions about the words Dangerous and Delight and what they meant.  We Also talked about what it meant to Decorate, since we were decorating for her Princess Party.  We of course read and talked about the Bible story of David and Goliath and then Daniel and the Lions Den.  These are hits for children's Bible stories and the kids always like to Do Devotions even if we Do them a couple times in one Day.  We also sang the "Little David Play on your Harp" song and Danced while we sang.

We worked on Getting Dressed by ourselves and we Played a game called "Discovering" Treasure around the house.  I had a magnifying glass and convinced the kids to travel around my house and pick up every little piece of dirt they could find and we called it treasure.  IT WORKED!! and my floors were very clean.  They did this for a long time and it really entertained them. 

We practiced writing the letter D and the lowercase was confusing due to it being a backwards lower case letter B.  That will come with time.  The best part is that they are starting to have letter recognition and that is my goal right now. 

For our Service with Letter D we took Dinner to my grandmother who had her shoulder operated on and was in need of some visitors.  Then we also decided that instead of taking Donuts to Daddy, we would Dig in the Dirt for Daddy (meaning we were going to weed the garden for him.)  He was very appreciative and the kids had fun helping daddy. 




For Food we had Donuts of course, and I also made them Dinosaur PBJ sandwiches.  One of our favorite activities was making a Dog House out of a box for their stuffed animal Dogs and then we even cut a Door in the house. 

We went with Angel and Lilly and Olivia to Dine with the Ducks.  We took bread and let the kids feed the ducks and there were so many.  We also took them to Dunkin Donuts for the Donuts that started with D.  They loved this and Ava wanted an iced coffee. I bought her a coolatta and when she tasted it she said, "hey mama, this is a great iced coffee. It is so good and it doesn't even taste like coffee."  Such a silly girl.

She was loving her Iced Coffee!!  Lilly and Christian were loving their Donuts.  Now, Off to Dine with the Ducks.


This picture doesn't even do the Ducks justice on how many there actually were. We couldn't believe it!!  There were more than I could or at least wanted to count.

Christian took a Mad Dash and Drove those Ducks Away.  hahahha. I love this!!!


The Girls were a tad bit more refrained and they were loving just feeding the hungry ducks.  Lilly did sit in Duck poo though, which was sad.  :(  Then funny.  Sorry Angel.


Poor little Olivia was so tired and very hot. 



Finally, last but def. not least, Daddy Gave Christian some Driving lessons in the new Vehicle.  Christian was so proud of himself.  I think Daddy was a pretty good sport about this too.


My two favorite men in my life, Sometimes they drive me crazy, but I wouldn't live life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment