Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A break to a few of my older blogs from the past.

So, every once in awhile, Ava and I have a "girls' night" and we stay up way past our bedtimes. We stay up until we are giddy and laughing our heads off at dumb things. So, Ava would actually have us do this EVERY night of the week, but I limit it for my sanity purposes. (though, I enjoy these nights very much and I enjoy even more when she sneaks up to me and whispers, "mommy, can we have a girls night tonight??) Most times we make popcorn and watch a movie, but this time we decided play "Princess Memory Game" while having a tea party. We even had chocolate and cheese. :) But, before the night starts, we have to make sure the BOYS are tucked in bed safe and sound. Tonight, Ava was a bit impatient. I heard her tell Christian to follow her, as she lead him back the hall and tucked him in bed. She even kissed him, prayed with him, and turned on his night light. Then she came out and said, "okay, Christian is in bed, now we have to get daddy to go to bed." When I soon went back to check on him, there he lay, tucked in and sleeping away.


Daddy soon followed and the night began. After three games of memory, we sat down and put together her first sort of scrapbook ever. It was a book of all the autographs from all the princesses she saw at Disney. We had so much fun, and now she wants to wake her daddy to show him the book. I told her, that since it was 11:30 at night, she would have to wait until tomorrow.


 
While we were having our night of fun. . . I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up. Her response was, "I want to be your age mommy. . . .I want to be a mommy." That melted my heart and I am so grateful for a little girl that I can share my secrets with. Posted are a few pics of our night.


This was January 14, 2010 - the day my life changed forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment