Friday, May 25, 2012

Ava's First Field Trip

First Field Trip to Renfrew Park in Waynesboro.  I was signed up to help but didn't get to go in that day which made me real sad but the teacher and other volunteers took some pictures for me and Ava filled me in on all that happened. 
The night before, she was telling me that she needed to pack a lunch in stuff that can all be thrown away so she wouldn't have to carry so much and she didn't want to bring anything home with her.  She sounds like her daddy and I was laughing to myself as I was packing in all paper and plastic.  He is like that when he goes on trips, take throw away stuff, so we have less to bring home.  He LOVES bringing home less than he took, gets some kind of thrill out of it. :)  My two pees in a pod.  Then as I was packing her lunch she was informing me that it was to be along day so I had to make sure she got a good nights sleep.  These were all obviously things the teacher had told her that day, so I was glad to know she had been listening.  She reminded me too that she needed some sort of sunscreen and bug spray on her before she left.  Daddy was so excited the night before with her and told her that he remembered his field trip in Kindergarten to Renfrew.  She got that look on her face like she couldn't believe he had once done the very thing her class was about to do.  I guess it already starts. . . . they think we are OLD.
Right to Left: Noah, Isaiah, Josh, Kylee, Cameron, Lacey, Gracey, Elsiy, Madison, & Ava

Above are the pictures of Ava with her class on the field trip.  She had so much fun.  They dressed up and they planted pumpkin seeds to harvest.  They played games and listened as they were told how to weave and about historical stories.  I will say that she told me she had so much fun, but she did in form me that the ride to the field trip was SOOOOOO LONG!!!  This was a ride from Chambersburg to Waynesboro.  I remember thinking that was a long distance away too. The other thing was she was extremely emotional and tired the night after the field trip. . .and she conked for bed early.  However, she says she has lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment