Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our First Date!

I had originally had BIG plans for my little man this school year, while his sister was in her first year of school.  We were to have the entire year, just him and I, and I had all sorts of fun things planned out in my head.  It just so happens that LIFE doesn't typically work out as we plan it and this was one of those time.  This past year has flown by and I have had very little time with just the two of us.  Don't get me wrong, we still enjoyed this year very much, but I have missed out a lot on some of the important things I had wanted to do with my baby before he too left me to get on that big yellow bus heading to school.  So, yesterday, I was talking to Micah and we decided that it would be nice for me to make today special for our little guy.

After Ava left for school, I whispered to Christian that we had to hurry up and get ready for our "mommy and Christian Date."  His eyes got really big and excited and this of course made me so happy too.  He was rushing around to get his shoes and brush his teeth, which rushing is NEVER something that boy does.  He really was anxious to get going.  As we were leaving, I told him that the place I was taking him was somewhere we had never been and it was "our little secret place" that we wouldn't tell anyone where it was. Whenever we wanted to go out just him and I, we would head to this "secret" spot and have a blast.  :)  I had a friend who challenged me to just be quiet and let him talk. . .to do the whole thing of side to side verses face to face talking and see how he does.  It worked. . . he talked and talked and talked.  He ordered a hot dog and a drink and chatted the whole time.  It took him forever to get done eating cause he was talking so much. 

I had a surprise for him.  The night before, we had been at a concert, where they were encouraging people to sponsor World Compassion Children.  We chose a little boy named Malelkli and he is two weeks younger than Christian.  I introduced Christian to his little friend that he was responsible for praying for from now on.  He was very excited to meet his new friend and to find out that he was the one that was responsible for remembering to pray and think about this guy.  We talked about things we could pray for like clean water, good food and safety / health for him and his family.  This was a great activity and now every time we pray at night, he says a prayer for his new friend. :)  I love Christian's heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment