Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ava's Kindergarten Spring Music Concert

I have talked before about how sentimental I am in life and how there are certain things in life that make me tear up immediately, and unexpectedly.  Usually they have to do with when I am simply experiencing something I have dreamt about for years and that finally I get to experience.  It happens when I am in the moment, with NO warning, and I just have to go with it.  This def. happened to me on my wedding day, when I first saw Micah at the front of the sanctuary, waiting for me!!! I tear up thinking of it. . .how he was my dream come true.  .the whole day was.  It has happened numerous other times in my life, for the big events and for the not so big events, but all the same, it is whenever I am experiencing something I had dreamt of at one point.
So, Ava's FIRST music concert was another of those moments.  She was so proud as she got out of the vehicle in her spring dress and jacket and literally (being the all time leader in life) LEAD us into the school.  She showed us where we were supposed to go and then said her goodbyes to go and be where she needed to be.  Below is a picture of Micah, Christian, and Pappy as they were waiting for the concert to start.  I snapped this picture and then spent the rest of the time videoing the seven minute concert as my sweet Baby sang so proudly up on stage.  She was very studious and numerous times would turn around to CORRECT the children behind her and to HUSH them for the teacher. :)  That is my daughter.  Love that girl.
Ava has been singing songs around the house, and they were sweet songs.  One was about not waking the sleeping bear because he will be ANGRY and another was about the penguins and they did the penguin dance.  The Kindergartners were all so sweet and adorable of course.  Some would laugh and smile and wave throughout the concert. :) One song, they all had a type of musical instrument too.  They followed their music teacher's cues very well. The little boy to Ava's right is Trevor and he is one of Ava's best friends.

I did get a chance to talk to Ava's teacher, which we LOVE by the way.  She said Ava was has really "blossomed into her own" as of late.  I smiled as I realized she was being very kind with her choice of words.  She then said that she would have never expected Ava to be as outgoing as she has turned out to be.  Ava was very shy and sad and quiet at the beginning of the year. . .but now she is showing her personality LOUD and CLEAR.  hahahha.  Mrs. Boward has done a fabulous job with her and the whole class. :)

Grandma and Pappy made it to her concert and they actually had three music concerts that same week for three of their granddaughters. :)  They said they enjoyed it too though and Ava was of course happy to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment