Saturday, May 12, 2012

Candy Land - Mother's Day

Sometimes, with Life speeding by, I forget to stop and count my blessings. I get so caught up in "okay, if I can just get through this week, then next week I will have some free time" and in all of that said, I rush through my life.  It is sad, but I think alot of us do this, just because the speed of life is crazy fast.  I love when I have a moment in time, where life is speeding and whirling and then for a few seconds, all seems to stop.  Time stands still and I get a glimpse of what really matters.  In fact, I love these moments so much that I simply can't wait for the next moment, when life catches me off guard and I realize where my priorities should be.

Tonight, I happened to have one of those moments.  Micah and some buddies were heading out for Jason's birthday, and it was the kids and myself here tonight. The kids were extremely tired and grumpy today, so I wanted them to go to bed early, so I started their bedtime routine at 6:00. I know this sounds insane, but guess what, they were both sleeping  by 7:00 and not because of my fabulous parenting skills but because they were just that tired!!!  As they were getting really tired, I was playing Candy Land with them and realized they were really starting to drag.  At one point, as I was mentally rushing them through the game, so I could get some me time when they were sleeping. :(  I realized, they had both gotten tired enough, they were laying on either side of the board game.  They were so happy to be playing with me, that they wouldn't surrender and just stop playing, but they both were laying down and asking me to move for them. I was flipping the candy land cards, moving each person and they were basically watching.  As I was doing this, I looked up, saw the beautiful amazing children that GOD blessed me with, and I literally got all teary eyed. I have been emotional all day, but this was it.  This was what Tomorrow (Mother's Day) is all about. . about those moments that make ya smile and be really happy that you are a mom.  I wanted the moment to stand in my memory forever, so I ran and got a picture, but it still doesn't capture what was going on in my heart. 

I am so proud of Ava for who she is and how she stands up or what she believes in.  She is honest and trustworthy and she tattles on herself even when it gets her in trouble because she has an amazing conscience.  She is orderly and very organized and promptness is NEVER going to be her issue in life.  She talks a lot and has many opinions and yet, she still is very compassionate.  She worries about others' feelings and she is quick to come and apologize if she is wrong.  She is hyper around you if she KNOWS you well and she is a little shy if she doesn't KNOW you well.  She takes things to heart and she doesn't miss a beat, so be careful what you say around her. . it will come back to haunt you no doubt. :)  She Loves her brother, but she also loves to irritate him.  I think her main love language, the way she feels loved, is probably quality time and words of affirmation. 

Christian is the other little person that makes my heart sing.  He is joyful and funny.  He can laugh at the drop of a hat, even why he is crying and still has tears in his eyes.  He is talkative and very random, which makes him hilarious.  He is not prompt, or orderly, but he is extremely sensitive and compassionate and LOVES PEOPLE.  He is constantly affirming others with words and randomly will say, "I love you Ava" just out of the blue.  He is pretty compliant though he also has a stubborn bull headed side that was certain to have saved his little life as a preemie.  He is a dreamer and he loves to act out things in his head.  Often you can see he is not even in the conversation you are having with him, as his thoughts are most def. elsewhere.  He is my junk food eater and it doesn't matter, as long as it is not good for you, he will eat it. :)  That's my boy.  This boy has an incredible memory and can repeat things from years ago, that we never thought he would remember.  He also is one that picks up on the smallest details, and notices EVERYTHING.  I think his main love language is words of affirmation and touch.  He loves to cuddle and sit on my lap.  He also smiles from ear to ear when being affirmed and he will sometimes come back to me and say, "what did so and so say about me?"  and when I repeat what that person said about how sweet he was or whatever, he smiles and shakes his head.  It makes him feel so special.

I still have so much to learn about these sweet children in my home, my life and my heart. I ask God to continue to give us wisdom on how to train them up right, so they can go serve His purpose in their lives someday. In the meantime, I am gonna love on them like there is no tomorrow.  Thank you God for my precious babies, and for the one out there that is not currently in our home anymore. . my heart will NEVER stop spilling with love for you too.  Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment