Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Date Night With Daddy


I always love when daddy's take their little girls on Dates.  What a great way to teach your daughters how they SHOULD be treated by a boy, and to make them feel special and beautiful.  I think that so many issues in this world would be solved if every little girl had a daddy that loved her and adored her just the way she was.  I think that Ava is so lucky to have this precious gift of a fantastic daddy that wants to spend time with her.  In fact, she has gotten to the place that she NEEDS his words of affirmation or approval on what she is wearing rather than MY approval.  Sometimes, she will pick out an outfit, put it on and then nonchalantly wonder out and prance around in front of her daddy.  Sometimes, I have to clue him in on what is going on and then he will comment on her outfit.  Usually he gives me a quick discreet glance to see if I approve and then will go from that.  When he looks at her and say, "oh Ava, you look so nice," or "wow, that is so pretty on you." Her face literally glows with pride and confidence just radiates from her.  Micah really does a great job at  complimenting her often.  This is also a way to have Christian observe how women should be treated. I have noticed lately, when Ava gets ready for school or church, he sometimes will walk up to her and say, "Ava, you look pretty in those jeans" or "Ava, I like your prettiful hair today."  He has a great model to watch in these situations.

Okay, so the theaters are playing "Beauty and the Beast" in 3D and so Micah decided to take her to the theater to see this movie.  She was so excited all day and then when she realized the showing was until 8:00 that evening, she was ready by 5:00 and just chomping at the bit to go.  She insisted on wearing her Belle princess dress and though daddy did try and talk her out of it, she was sure that was what she was going to do. 

Micah called his brother to see if he wanted to take his girls to the movie too.  He did and he brought his other daughter, Bri too. :) They sounded like they all had fun and Ava talked about the date night for awhile that night after they got home.  I loved seeing her so excited to spend time with her daddy and I was so glad her daddy didn't mind seeing a girly movie with his little girl.  I can't lie, I do think he liked the movie, because for a few days after, I caught him singing  the songs from the movie, while in the shower.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment