Friday, February 24, 2012

Ava's First Official Note from a Friend

Okay, so earlier this year, which is only a few months in already. :)  But anyway, Ava had this friend on the bus that must want her to come over for a sleepover.  She kept coming home after school all excited because this friend asked her to come over TONIGHT at 7:00 for a sleepover.  I told Ava that I didn't know where this girl lived, so the next day she said what the road was.  Then I told her I didn't know who she was so she came home and told me her name.  My excuses were not holding up. . .and then it happened.


Here is the letter that we received, and Ava was ALL smiles when she handed it to me. 

Dear ava's mom
I invidid your doter to a sleepover at 7:00 I will have a presint for Ava. from. Kayley

*** Silom rode

Ava was so so so excited and started packing right away.  We had to explain to her that even though this was a nice invitation, that we still needed to hear from the mom and dad.  She was crying because she was sure her friend was waiting at her house and would be really upset that Ava never came over to see her, since she was "invidid."  The night was emotional but we made it through.  She went to school the next day and gave her friend our phone number so her mom could call me and we could set up a real play date. :) I am posting a picture below of the adorable note. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment