Friday, May 7, 2010

Praying to God when we are Scared!!

I was listening to a song with my kids this morning on the radio.  It was talking about when we talk to Jesus and how we talk to him.  I asked Ava and Christian if they talk to Jesus and how they do it.  Ava smiled and said, "I talk to Jesus mommy, when I am scared in my bed!!"  I was so excited because we have been trying to get her to do ALL night in her bed for a long time, but she always comes over to our bed in the wee hours of the morning.  We always tell her to talk to God when she is scared, ask him to help her not be scared.  I was so excited, thinking, wow, she is finally getting it.  Maybe she really does talk to him when she is scared.  So, I asked her what she says to Jesus when she is scared.  She said, "I say, Jesus, please help me not to have to sleep in my room all night!!!"  Well, that sums it up, she may be in our room forever, for I believe God keeps answering her sweet prayers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment