Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chores for Colors

I decided to use the reward system again today, but I also decided to use activities as rewards.  Since it is raining out, I promised the kids I would sit and color with them for 15 minutes if they each vacuumed their rooms and emptied their trash cans.  Ava was complaining it was too big of a job, but I assured her she was fully capable. 

This is a picture of little man, vacuuming his room.  he was loving it, and he actually did a pretty good job.




Here Bean is emptying her trash from her room and then she changed the liner and then you will see below that their favorite part is spraying the Lysol in the empty cans before carrying them back to their rooms. 


Then while we were coloring, the kids and I decided to be crafty and peel the paper off of all or our 'broken' crayons, which we have many.  Then we sorted them by color in a mini muffin pan and placed them in the oven.  The kids did good sorting colors and then we watched as they melted.  When we pulled them out, we stirred the colors since there were many different colors of green and so on and so forth.  The crayons turned out great and the kids love coloring with them.  I enjoyed this activity too.  :) 

finished results of crayons.  Fun project and helped burn some time.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! That pic of Christian is great. Besides the fact that I'm afraid they'll vacuum something up, I think it's such a great idea. But even if it's other jobs, it is so good to be teaching them. Love your crayons too. I always keep my broken ones cause I knew I'd make something with them sometime so I'll have to see if we have enough for this project yet :). Hope you guys are doing well. I have my mom & sister (& two girls) here this which I am loving! (P.S. If you ever need to talk "poop" -- this is in regards to your last post -- let me know. We had similar troubles with one of ours too -- seriously for awhile I felt like poop -- or lack of -- was taking over our lives, and it's conquered now!)

    ReplyDelete