Monday, September 24, 2012

See My Lost Tooth!!!

Ava lost her first tooth a little over a year ago. . . and this was a huge deal in our house hold.  She was so excited!!! She couldn't wait to tell everyone she saw that would listen.  Well, while she was going through this process, there was a small younger brother watching in anticipation.  He started asking me if I he had any "lost tooths?"  Now, a year later, after watching his sister lose a total of 8 teeth, and many attempts to see if any of his teeth were loose yet, it finally happened!  He had a loose tooth!! When he realized that his own tooth was loose, he was ecstatic.  He couldn't wait to have it fall out.  He talked about his loose tooth all the time!!! We went to Matt and Jean's Wedding and while we were gone, his tooth got so loose that Pappy Bumbaugh almost had it worked out by Sunday night when he went to bed.  However, it was still there the next morning and the first thing he did was run out to see us and tell us, "I have a loose tooth!!!"  We knew this because he had been saying this for weeks, but he meant it was REALLY loose. :)  Daddy grabbed a tissue to pull it out, and without really even getting a good grip, it came out in the tissue.  Christian's face was so sweet.  He was jumping up and down and screaming. He kept running his tongue over it and looking in the mirror to see the gap.  I am pretty sure it was the ONLY thing he talked about all day in school.  However, he kept saying to his Grandma the night before, "If I lose my tooth, I put it under my pillow and it turns to money."  :)  He also continued to call it his LOST TOOTH, as he told people.  Instead of saying, "I lost a tooth" he would say, "see my lost tooth?"  Just another landmark to show how fast he is growing up. :)  I picture the below picture as what everyone had the honor of seeing every time he showed off his LOST TOOTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment