Friday, October 12, 2012

School Lunches with Parents

As a young girl, I sat around and dreamt of my life in the future and what I wanted it to look like.  Those dreams always consisted of my handsome husband and my house full of children.  I dreamt of the milestones like my wedding day, anniversaries and my kids big milestones in life.  The funny thing, is when you sit around and dream of these things, when your dreams come true, you are often beyond words with the emotions that well up inside of you. 
For example, on my wedding day, the moment I walked into that Sanctuary, it hit me that I was living the big dream right then there.  I was marrying HIM, my best friend, the overabundance of tears that followed should come as no surprise to me.  I couldn't stop crying, and they were such happy tears.  I do think Micah wondered a little if I was so happy, why was I crying uncontrollably, but he soon learned that it was just who I was. :)
Then came the 'house full of children' part.  I was so excited to really have my own babies and they came to me in a pretty quick order so I had TWO babies.  Close to being twins without being twins. :)  They were amazing and of course I cried at all the big milestones including, birthdays, adoption days, first days of school, and all the firsts in between.  It has been an amazing 10 years of marriage and an amazing 7 years as a mom. I love it all, every minute!!

All that to say, I dreamt of things too, like being a part of the kids classes in school. I love spending time with them in their classes and hanging out with them and getting to know their classmates and friends.  Ava had a hard time having me come to her class last year, but this year she was very open to the idea so for the first part of the year I got to help out in both of their classes for an hour each Thursday.  It was fun to get to know their teachers and to get to spend time with them in their class rooms.
 Parent lunches were exciting too and that is the first part of this entry.  Micah has not had steady work since the kids first day of school this year, so we have had a lot of time to "celebrate my retirement" as he says.  Well, anyway, the fun part is that since he was home, we got to eat lunch together with the kids for parent lunches this year.  Ava's lunch was first and she was really excited about us coming to eat with her.  Daddy ended up finishing up her lunch and mine along with his own, and compliments to Aunt Lori, the food was awesome!!!  She was really still very happy to have us there and hanging out with her and her friends.  She was happy to introduce us to all of her little friends and it was nice that she wasn't embarrassed of us just yet.
 Jennifer was in Ava's class for Kindergarten too and one of her FIRST school friends.  They are now in the same class for 1st grade too and their friendship is growing. :)  So sweet.  Ava came home and said,  "mom, Jennifer does her homework all by herself EVERY night because her parents don't speak her language so they can't help. . . I think I should do my own homework too. . don't you think?"  hahaha, I am so appreciative of Jennifer. :)  Love these two!

Christian's lunch was the next day so we both went to that one too.  So many parents came that we ended up having to head back to the room with our lunches and eat back there.  The Lawson family came for Lexi, so we sat with all of them.  The Davis Family got stuck in the cafeteria, since the class was sort of divided.  Christian got his Chocolate Milk, which was def. a surprise to all of us. :)
 

1 comment: