Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ava Grace Bumbaugh

I have always LOVED children, all of them and especially babies and toddlers.  Babysitting was my FAVORITE past time since I was a kid myself.  Then one day I had my own. I Knew I would love my babies as babies and I knew I would love them as toddlers and preschoolers. I did in fact enjoy those years in both of their lives.  However, call me shallow, but I always wondered if I would love my kids after they hit the older years.  I was worried that when they were no longer "little or cute" that I would have a harder time connecting to them.  I have spent years with this thought in my head, wondering if I would like them when they were in those annoying ages. I know it sound so mean and awful but I am being honest.  It was a real fear of mine. My mom always said that when it was my own kids, I would love them and I wouldn't find them annoying.  I hoped she was right. . . .

So the other day, I walked into my little girls room to tuck her in bed and above is what I found.  All of a sudden, I crawled into bed and started crying.  There was my sweet baby girl. . she was no longer a baby, a toddler or a preschooler.  She wasn't even a kindergartner like my cute adorable son anymore.  She was seven and growing up fast.  The "little and cute" was gone . .. .so where did that leave me?  It was that moment that I realized my fear, the fear of not connecting with my kids when they grew up, was gone.  My mom had been right, it was going to be okay.  As I held her in my arms, I started thinking about how, "sure, the cute and little was gone, but in it's place stood a beautiful, strong and courageous young lady with strong beliefs and a sensitive loving heart.  She has a mind of her own and stands up for herself and others and for her beliefs.  She has lots to say about many matters and she is the best little conversationalist ever!  She makes me laugh and smile multiple times a day, and I have to tell ya, she is one of my most FAVORITE people to spend time with.  She has a great fun perspective on life and she is LOVES JESUS.  She is sensitive and wise and brave.  I couldn't be more proud of who she is and I know now that no matter where she goes in life and how old she gets, I will enjoy EVERY stage and it just keeps getting better.  Thank you Lord for my sweet angel in my life. . .Ava Grace Bumbaugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment