Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ava's Great Idea!


Ava's Bus Partner / Friend, Meaghan got a new book bag for Christmas that rolled kind of like a suitcase.  It was not however, a suitcase.  Ava got this bright idea one day, to use her actual rolling suitcase as her book bag.  I was thinking it was odd, but knew why she wanted to do it so I allowed her to take it to school. She was so proud that day, walking to the bus and showing it off to Meaghan.  I couldn't stop laughing to myself, but didn't let her know. She also was extremely excited about showing it to her class mates. 
This went on for a few days and finally, one day, I asked her what the other kids at school were saying.  She was pretty irritated as she told me that they were all telling her it looked like a suitcase.  I reminded her that it was in fact, a suitcase, and this seemed to irritate her too.  She continued for a few more days, to take it to school.  It was a bit bulky to get up the bus steps and though she acted as though it didn't matter to her what the other kids thought, I think it may have a little bit.  Finally, one day, her daddy told her he thought it was a bit silly and asked her why she did it.  She decided the next day, that she was done and wanted to take her real back pack to school.  :)  Guess the phase was over and that was that.  Knew i had to capture the memory before she was done with it.  So cute to see her walking so very proud with her suitcase as her book bag. 


No comments:

Post a Comment