Saturday, March 24, 2012

Muddy Sunday at Justus House


Jason and Tabb decided it was time for Micah to get his four wheeler out and really put some miles on it . . so they invited us to their house on a Sunday afternoon to ride four wheelers and to have dinner with them.  We were all really looking forward to it, but then I got sick and was not going to be able to go.  However, Laura, being the sweetheart she is, called me and asked me to send the kiddos along with Micah and told me to stay home and rest.  I was sad to miss the fun but I actually did sleep ALL day.  I got better very fast due to that extra uninterrupted sleep.  So, I will portray the events of the day the way I remember them being portrayed to me.  Sounds as if, while Westin was napping, the boys went for their first rides.  Ava and Christian wanted to ride along, so Ava was Tabb's riding buddy and Christian was Daddy's.  Tabb informed me later that Ava is much like me and that she talks all the time. . .followed by squeals and shrieks during the ride.  He said she was talking and talking and talking and then got really quiet.  He knew something was wrong, and when he asked her, here she had bumped her mouth on the four wheeler and was trying to be brave.  She did have fun though and before long she started to TALK some more.  She actually got to liking Tabb as her riding buddy that she wouldn't ride with anyone else, not even her own daddy. :) 
At one point, if I have this right, Tabb and Ava drove over a tree in the middle of a big muddy creek water area where the water came up half way on the four wheelers.  I guess they got stuck and Ava panicked a little, as a first born, bossy orderly child would. :)  Jason must have come to her rescue and helped save her and so he is one of her heroes to.  Micah said he had a blast and would love to do it again and I am DEF. going next time. I feel I really missed out.  Laura sent home some dinner for me, because she is always thinking of others.  It was delicious.  As soon as the kids came in the door, they were talking fast and trying to talk over each other to get out all the fun they had.  They were really muddy, and as I was bathing them, they were STILL TALKING!! What a great memory. . .can't wait till I get to go next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment