Thursday, July 14, 2011

Overcome by Spirit of Thankfulness

The definition of THANKFUL


1: conscious of benefit received




2: expressive of thanks


3: well pleased : glad


— thank·ful·ness noun


 That describes the awesome feeling Micah and I have been having for a few weeks but finally spoke of it to each other two days ago.  Let me start a little bit earlier in our story:
 


So, things have been like a roller coaster since we got married, started having children and made a life for ourselves.  Like everyone reading this entry, we had our UPS and DOWNS, our MOUNTAINS and VALLEYS.  There were times when we were on top of the world and times we were struggling to our heads above the raging waters.  Luckily, God blessed us with very supportive parents on both sides and very supportive family so we could get to the other side. 


I am not going to go into the details in this entry, of all the ups and downs, but I am going to say what happened this week.  I was feeling it and Micah expressed it in words.  We looked at each other in wonder for this is a GREAT place to be.  Praise GOD!!  He said to me, "I am just overwhelmed by a spirit of thankfulness and gratefulness for all God has given us and done for us."  I was feeling the very thing he had just put into words.  So here we are and I am going to give a few reasons why we are thankful: 


Our Reasons for Giving Thanks:


1. Two very healthy and loving children that we enjoy every moment with and we often look at each other and wonder what we did that made us worthy of raising these two special children in God's eyes.
2. A wonderful Home that we love the location and everything about it.  It felt like home the first day we stepped foot in it and at this point it seems like we may never leave it.
3. A marriage that God has revived and showered with his blessings and we are completely in awww of this one.  But we consider it the greatest blessing/miracle and embrace it.
4. That he spared my life and gave us the opportunity to have more time on this earth as a family before he calls us home to him in Heaven
5. For sparing little man when he was burnt with coffee and though it looked bleak for him, God intervened and miraculously healed his whole body, leaving only a small scar in a very inconspicuous place to remind us of his miraculous power in our lives. 
6. For the PROVISION over the four months that Micah was out of work.  We were able to keep our house, vehicles and still eat. :) It ended up being something, that though Satan meant for it to be a curse, God used it to bless us.  HE gave us time together as a family and we enjoyed and took advantage of every day.  He provided things for us in so many ways and the verse that talks about how we shouldn't worry about what we will wear or eat, or where we will live, yup, he took care of it all.  It seemed more like a huge long vacation than anything bad.
7. For family and friends that love us and support us and for the memories we have made and will continue to make through the years.


There is so many more things that are overflowing in my heart right now, but I can't go into all of them.  Partly because this would be an extremely long post and mostly because my kids are in the living room shouting, "mom, please get off the computer!"  so I must abide. :)


However, I do want to say that times are not always peaches and cream.  We all have had and still have Ups / Downs, and Mountains / Valleys, and just times when things are not looking good. I guess my challenge for myself and for anyone reading this is keep your eyes on HIM.  He really does have a plan and it is so much bigger and so much greater than anything we could ever imagine. :)  Satan will spend his time here trying to pull us down and KEEP us there but if we keep our focus on the things of GOD, we will prevail. :)


I leave you with this last word:

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.








1 Chronicles 16:8


Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.


I challenge you to take these verses to heart today and make a list in your mind or on paper, of all God has blessed you with.  You may be surprised how many blessings you can actually come up with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment