Monday, June 6, 2011

The Youngest Smith

There are moments in my busy life, when I stop and almost take an outside look into my life, and focus on the things that matter.  Last week was one of those times.  A little over 15 years ago, I came to a new church and a new youth group and I met a very sweet lady that became one of my dearest friends.  Her name was Sharon Smith and she happened to be my new youth leader. She immediately made me feel comfortable and welcome and then, she also had something else that pulled at my heart strings.  She had three of the MOST ADORABLE kids in the entire world. I fell in love and over the next few years, I baby sat them every chance I got.

Danielley was the eldest and she was only 4 when I first met her.  She was a little shy at first but once she warmed up to you, she was so funny.  She always had a sweet demeanor and was always very nurturing to others.  Then there was the Shiny Bug and she was sweet too.  She was NOT shy at all, and she loved to wear lots of girly princessy things.  Then came my Buddy Evan.  He was the baby when I first met the Smith family and he stole my heart too.  When some stupid guy hurt me, he was always the one that told me I was pretty or just made me feel special and loved.  Well, actually they ALL did that for me.  So, now that we know about the three eldest, that instantly stole my heart, I will tell you about a sweet baby that soon entered into the Smith Family Household.  His name. . .BRADY.  He was strong willed and so funny and he didn't like to sleep as a baby. I would go over and hang out with Sharon while Todd was working late and the other kids went to bed at bedtime, but not Brady.  He had a mind of his own.  We loved him for it but we secretly laughed alot at how different they are were from each other.  So, now that you see how much Danielley, Shiny Bug, Evan Buddy, and Little Brady meant to me, you will be able to see why this moment the other week was so special to me. 

This family has been a part of my life for most of my life.  They have been there for all of the pivotal points and moments and it has been fun to watch them all grow.  I miss them but I call their mother, My friend Sharon, often, just to catch up on all that is going on in all four of her kids lives.  My hubby has come to love these Smith Kids too. :)  Anyone that knows them knows they are simply amazing. :)

So, the other week, we needed a sitter for the kids for a few hours.  Danielley was in college, and Shiny and Ev were busy with teenager fun stuff. :)  Brady was home, so he offered.  The kids have been around him a few times and they think he is so funny.  While they were there, Sharon got some pics of the kids hanging out together.

Brady did a great job with Ava and Christian.  The kids talked for days about Evil Horse and Good Horse.  This was a game they played on the trampoline.  They played with the baby kitten named Puma too.  :) 

T
This was a special picture that Sharon edited for me.  LOVE IT!!




Christian sneaking up on the kitten. I love this one.  Sharon got some great shots.  I love how he is using the crouching sneaky approach.




Ava jumping over Brady on the trampoline.


No comments:

Post a Comment