Thursday, June 30, 2011

Old Navy Does it Again!!!!

I won another sampler from OLD NAVY!!! I am sooo excited. This time, with Crowdtap.com, I won four coupons for myself and three friends. The coupons were to be for a pair of shorts, a top and a women's accessory . . .all free.  So, I wasn't sure who to invite and what to do. Then it hit me.  I have some dear friends of mine who have been in my life for 15 plus years.  We have been trying to figure out a fun girls night for awhile now and couldn't get it together, so I sent them the invite over my facebook event page.  We scheduled it for a Sunday afternoon, but it got cancelled due to an emergency, so we rescheduled for tonight!!! We had so much fun, but let me back up and tell ya why I picked these lovely ladies.

Fifteen years ago, I stepped foot into youth room at a new church we were visiting as a family.  I was nervous and there she was, the only smiling face, my youth advisor and (sister) Sharon. I didn't know her yet but within seconds I felt a warm welcome and I felt as though I had known her forever.  We hit it off and even when she was done being the youth leader, I still remained in her life and she in mine.  She had four beautiful children that stole my heart.  Her two eldest were Danielle and Shyanne and they were and are two of the most beautiful women you will ever meet, just like their mama.  I did a lot of babysitting and a lot of visiting over the years.  When I got married, they were all in my wedding and we got to dress up and have a GIRLS day then too. :)  A few months before my wedding, I had Danielle and Shyanne and my other Niece Sharon over for a girls night at my house.  We did make overs and then got in fancy dresses and practiced our "model walks."  I thought it would be so much fun to reenact our little night so many years ago, tonight. 

Sorry not a clear picture, but here is us about 10 years ago. . .

Here we are starting to shop and picking our our special items. It was so much fun and we having a blast.  we kept laughing like giddy school girls.


Four out of the five of us with our full outfits.  Three of us picked and got the same pair of shorts and we all loved them.  The sisters, Danielle on far left and Shyanne on far right, even picked out the same shoes in different colors. :)  The really sad part is that we were said to be heard from one end of the store all the way to the other with our laughter and giggling.  Too funny.  We did have so much fun.  no way that we were getting that smile off our face tonight.  Oh, and Kaitlyn was a family friend that came along and we really all just enjoyed each other.


Last and final pose, the SISTER POSE.  We have tons of pictures of these two doing this very pose so I made them do it one last time for my benefit.  :)

Hahah, who says great minds don't think alike?  These two bought the same shorts in a different color, the same shoes in a different color and the exact same top.  So cute.

Thanks Old Navy for the Great girls night out.  You brought tears to our eyes more than once.  What a great fun and easy way to make memories that LAST a LIFETIME!!!



2 comments: