Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All the Popsicles I want?

I think my kids say at least one thing every day that I mentally note I should blog later, because it makes me laugh or think.  Always something I don't want to forget.  :)  Today, this is what I heard from the back of the vehicle while I was out on errands.

"Mommy, if you and Daddy die, can you give me all the Popsicles I want to eat?"

I said, "ummm, what?  Ava if mommy and daddy die, we can't give you anything."

Then she said, "Well, I mean if you both die, can I have all the Popsicles that I want so I don't die?"

I said that I was sure she could eat lots of Popsicles, but then I asked her if she wanted us to die.  She said, "NO!!!  You are a pretty good mommy.  You take care of us.  You clean and cook for us. But if you died, I guess I would live with Grandma or Nana for a whole month."

Then I said, "well, what would you do after you stay a whole month at Grandma's or Nana's?"

This is my favorite part, she said, just as matter of fact as ever, "well, I would probably turn into a mommy while I was there. I would take Christian home and be his mommy."

She cracks me up.  All she wants in life is to grow up and be a mommy. :)  Girl after my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment