Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Littlest Roman enters the World

I had the opportunity to be in the delivery room for the birth of my youngest nephew.  What an amazing time and what a beautiful miracle. I was so excited when I got the call from Brianna early in the morning of June 7, 2011.  She had woken up at 4:00 a.m and was laboring pretty good.  She was going to get ready to start on in.  Micah offered to run my kids over to Nana who was at Brianna and Ryan's house, so I was free to go in with Ryan and Brianna.  I was so psyched.  I am sure not as psyched as the mom and dad to be, but I bet Brianna would say she was in the room with two OVERLY EXCITABLE kids since Ryan and I were pretty much JUMPING  up and down. :)
Ryan was busy texting many people including Michelle Florh and the Grandparents.  He updated often. :) They moved her from the observation room to the delivery room pretty quickly since she was obviously in FULL labor.
I was busy reminding each nurse that entered the room that Brianna did want an epidural. I had told her before we got in there that I would pester them until they got it for her.  She wanted one and was in a lot of pain but they thought she was progressing too fast and they still had to get her two bags of IV fluid in before the epidural. :)  I don't think they thought there was time but we were determined to get it for her.  SHE STILL HAD TIME BY GOSH!!! 
We of course took time to pose after the epidural. Things were a tad calmer and more comfortable for all.  The whole process was so fast and She was admitted in to the room by around 6:30 a.m.  and Roman Louis Ryan Hunsberger entered the world at 9:26 a.m.   He weighed 8lbs and 4.2 oz and measured 21 inches in length.  We all wondered where she hid such a large baby in that little belly of hers. :)  Brianna was such a model patient through it all and very calm.  I will NEVER forget the first time I saw my littlest Roman.  He was so innocent and helpless and then he did it, he started to cry.  I looked at Ryan and we were both tearing up.  Brianna was still in labor so she was working hard but for me, that was the moment my heart melted and I knew he had stolen yet another piece of my heart that would always be his. 


He loved the warmer and just sprawled out under the machine.  He was so so cute and tiny and boy did he look like his big brother Reece.  In fact we all kept calling him Reece because he looked so much like him. 
Ryan, the proud daddy holding Romy for the first time. -  Finally, Mommy gets to hold him and she was in LOVE.  This little guy is a beautiful addition to the family.  We all love him and Reece even claims to love him more than Sofia.  That is alot because Reece Adores his little sister Sofia. :)  What a perfect Day!!!

2 comments: