Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ava "BECOMES" a Bumbaugh Today

Our family travels and sings southern gospel music.  They have been doing this for 12 years and they are coming to an end, meaning their Through the Years Concert is next Saturday.  Ava has been practicing for weeks to sing the last song with them on stage at the goodbye concert.  She has practiced and practiced and just anticipated this moment for awhile.  Today, the family sang at a local church so we went and met them so she could sort of have a practice run.  All the way up until the song came on, she was refusing to go on stage.  She was sure she wasn't going to do it.

She is alot like her father, so I was pretty sure she was nervous and didn't want to be in front of all of those people.  I was really hoping myself she would go up, but didn't want to push her too hard.  Last minute, she decided to do it and she stood up there and sang away.  She kept her eyes on her mommy and daddy and Nana for encouragement and she did great.  She stood beside her cousin Kelsey and sang with her. 

I was so happy and when she came running to us off the stage, I leaned over after I hugged her and whispered, "so was it fun?!?!"  She looked right at me and said very assuredly, "No."  :)  She said she was a little nervous.  I looked at her daddy and we started to laugh.  She sure is HIS daughter. :)








Later, this evening, while outside watering our plants together, she said, "I guess I became a Bumbaugh today.  I mean, when you sing on stage with them, you really do turn into a real Bumbaugh."  I was trying to hide my laughter and smile as I said, "well, weren't you always a Bumbaugh."  She said, "I guess so but today I sure was because I stood on stage with them and I singed just like them.  I think I did good though." She said she might sing next week at their last concert, but she wasn't sure yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment