Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kindergarten Garden

Well, I am constantly doing this to my hubby, and somehow, he still manages to forgive me and love me anyway.  What do I constantly do?  Well, I constantly get him roped into fun events such at tilling up a small garden for his daughter's kindergarten class or like coaching his daughter's soccer team.  He is usually a pretty good sport about it all and his daughter is so proud of him when he does these things for her.  This is one of those times.  I volunteered him to come and get the garden ready and it happened to be a bigger project than we had anticipated.  He was a good trooper though and followed through with his job.

I had the opportunity to volunteer and help out with the kids as they planted their turnip seeds in the new top soil.  We helped break up the clumpy soil, plant the seeds and then water what we had done.  The kids actually did real good with this project.  They were working on measuring the two inches between the seeds as they planted them.  Then they had to go around and count the carrot sprouts that they had managed to plant the week before. 


No comments:

Post a Comment