Friday, October 29, 2010

Enchanted Night Where Dreams Come True

My hubby is so romantic and sweet. He has so many great ideas and he is a great planner. He started planning my special Birthday Surprise Get-a-way a few months before my 30th Birthday. Due to other events that surfaced, he ended up having to modify slightly but what he did come up with was awesome!!!


He lined up babysitting for the kids and made reservations for our birthday dinner. He told me to be ready by 3:30 because he had a mission before we went to dinner. Our mission was to get us each nice winter coats. He took me shopping and bought me this beautiful coat that I fell in love with right away. He told me I would need it for an activity that we were participating in later that evening.

Then we headed to our first destination. He took me to the Dobbin House in Gettysburg. I was so excited. I had never been to this restaurant, but I had heard many good things about it. This is an old house to the Dobbin Family during the Civil War. The rooms fabulous and you could even go up to see the slave hideaway. They had slave quarters and a bedroom that slept 19 children. The floors were unlevel and it was old and candlelit. The china they used was old and had it’s own story. I love it!!! What a great experience. All the waitresses were dressed in appropriate attire that dated them back to civil war times and you felt like you were taking a trip back in time.

The Outside view of the Dobbin House.  Micah was sweet and knew I had to get pictures of all of this experience.


Our dinner was served up in the bedroom.  We had a window seat view also. :)  I LOVE HIM!!


While we were sitting there, I Micah kept looking at his watch. Pretty soon, he said it was time to head downstairs. Believe it or not, he had arranged for a Horse Drawn Carriage to meet and pick us up outside the Dobbin House and take us for a Carriage ride through Gettysburg. I was so excited and it was cold so I was so glad we had our coats. We snuggled under the big blanket and just enjoyed the peaceful ride. The Driver told us that Micah had to sing Happy Birthday to me when going through the square. He did too, he sang it really loud and I loved it.





When the ride was over, we headed home and spent the evening just hanging out, with no children. What a great birthday surprise. I love how my husband knows just what to do to make me smile and to make all my dreams come true. He truly is MY DREAM COME TRUE!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving you the Stylish Blogger Award because I think you have a super stylish blog.

    If you're interested in accepting this award, please stop by BAM crafty mommas and pick up your award
    http://bamcraftymomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete