Friday, October 29, 2010

Christian's 4th Birthday Party at the Hunsberger Household

Ever since Ava's birthday, when she turned 5. . . Christian has decided he also picked up another year.  So, since Sept. 6 of this year, rather than hearing the usual introduction, which is, "hi, I'm Ava and he is Christian.  I am four and he is three"  now  you hear her say she is five, and thus, he then interjects that he is four.  However, he doesn't turn four until Oct. 26th, so this is very funny to me.  Also, up until this point, he has held up three fingers when asked how old he is.  Now he still holds up three fingers and says he is four.  Sometimes, he even answers this when asked how old he is, "I'm gonna be 6!!"  Who knows what his logic is behind that one, but it is true.  Someday, he is gonna be six. :)

So, another thing we noticed since Ava's Birthday is that he noticed she got presents.  He thinks that is what birthdays are for, that and Nana's cake. :)  For months before Ava's birthday, every time we were somewhere and she wanted to get a toy or something else she wanted, I would tell her that maybe she could get it for her Birthday.  So, she caught on to this and started telling me all she wanted for her birthday.  Christian realized this and started early pointing out things, and then he would say,  "I get that for my Birday?"  His little voice was so cute and sweet, I literally wished I could buy him everything he said that about.  :)
We tried to get a party put together for him but with us leaving for Missouri for a month, we are going to be gone over his birthday, so it is hard to get it all together.  So, we ended up having to split his party in two.  The first one was held at my parents house.  We said this was probably the last birthday party held there, figuring their house will be selling here soon.
He is one Lucky and Blessed man. . .Loving on some of his women.

We got pizza from Romeos and mom made him a cake.  Of course, all he talked about all day was "I eat my birday cake?"  or "Nana make me my birday cake?" or "Lets do that!!"  When mom brought the cake up and was ready to ice it, he reached out to touch the completely plain, uniced cake and exclaimed, "my birday cake, Thank you Nana, I LOVE IT!!!"  Then Reece and Ava were trying to touch it, and he was yelling and saying "ITs MINE!!"  See, Nana's cakes are defenitly something to fight for and the three older grandchildren know this.  Sofia found this very fact out at her birthday party also. :)  She is hot on the trail. :)

Caught!!! HMMM, wonder why Nana is her favorite?  She is feeding her icing out of the used icing decorator thing.  Don't tell Mama. :)


So proud of his very awesome Hunting Camo coat, Like Daddy's.  :)  Shoot Deer he says.


He sat and watched as Nana decorated the cake.  He also enjoyed his balloons that Nana bought for him.  Then was present time.  Aunt Bleppies bought him a sweatshirt and a Buzz Light Year figure toy that he was so excited about.  He also got a camo coat from mommy and daddy.  The other presents had not arrived yet, so I will blog on them later.
I grabbed him and hugged him so you could see the toy story undies his aunt Bleppies had bought him and he couldn't wait to put them on so he slipped them on over his pants. :)

Finally, time for cake.  The kids gathered around to take turns blowing out candles and then we all got to sing to Christian and then dive into the delicious cake.  Nana made it up to be a hunters cake with a tree stand, four wheeler, deer, and hunters.  Christian loved this idea.  He also picked out his own plates and cups with Sports all over them for his party.

Here Nana H is working her magic on our cakes.


All in all I think he had a pretty good time. He was very happy the night was about him. Happy Birday Christian Boy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment