Thursday, July 22, 2010

Potty Time

Christian is now 3 years old. His birthday is in October and we are trying to get this boy potty trained before his 4th Birthday. I have been working hard core for a while now and he doesn't seem to be getting it. He seems to think that you go sit on the potty after you poop in your pants.  This is quite frustrating.  He wants so badly to wear his boxer briefs I bought for him, but then he messes them and then we have him and the puddles to clean up.  I have used different tactics but I have decided a lot of it comes down to him just needing to decide he wants to take the time to go to the bathroom when he has to pee.
If I set a timer for every 30 minutes, he goes every time the timer goes off, but after a few days of doing this, if I let him go to see what happens, he goes in his stinking diaper every time.  So frustrating.  He says he is still a baby and he gets so excited when we buy him more pull ups. He also takes it upon himself to change his own pull up. He will stand there, pee directly into his pull up, take it off and throw it in his trash can.  Then he promptly opens his drawer, gets another pull up and puts it on. I had to hide his pull ups and wipes to prevent this from happening. :)  What am I going to do with him. 

I do however find it extremely funny when he does pee in the potty and he is standing.  When he is done, he shakes his little bum back and forth trying to get the last drop.  My husband say, "Christian, you can wiggle you can dance, but the last drop always end up in your pants." :)

So the absolute best part of this though, is how he seems to have an interest in this potty training thing at the most inconvenient times.  For example, yesterday, while at the zoo, every time we walked by a Porty potty, he would say he had to pee.  I told him that he pees in his diaper all day long, so I refuse on a hot sticky, stinky day, to take him to the potty in one of those things.  Haha. Maybe I am just not a good mommy. :)  I hate those things.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to potty train a little boy??

No comments:

Post a Comment