Sunday, June 17, 2012

Double the Blessings

We took these personality tests a few years ago. . .okay, who am I kidding. .  . it was 10 years ago, while we were dating.  Yikes. . . . TIME FLIES!!  Anyway, when we took our tests, the results were pretty freaky as to how much they described us to a tee.  The one thing about Micah's personality is that he is only 2% of the population, meaning only 2 out of every 100 people have his personality!  This is our running joke in our marriage because when he does something and gets frustrated that others don't do it like him, I remind him, that though he finds it completely "normal" and to be "nothing but straight up common sense" to do things HIS way, ONLY 1 other person out of 100 would agree with him.  HE says we are all wrong. .  and sometimes I agree. I actually find myself envying his personality because I wish I could be a lot more like him.  I do think he finds this frustrating at times because he does have a very set way of how things should be done and he often gets misunderstood.  However, all this said, without him in my life, I probably wouldn't function very well, so whether he knows it or not, God placed his 2% personality in my life for a very good reason.  I am soooo Grateful for that.
So, now, the funny thing is, the odds of having 2 out of 100 people all within a family of four (my family) is rare. .. wouldn't you say.  WELL, lets just say, God saw it fitting and blessed me with 2.  I have Micah and Micahette (Ava) to keep me on track.  I am NOT complaining. I love this.  She makes me laugh, just like her daddy.  She makes me smile, just like her daddy and she keeps me in line when he is not around.  I truly feel blessed to have these two AWESOME rarities, Jewels I shall call them, in my life!  Thank you God for loving me so much that you blessed me with Micah and Ava.
Okay, so now, the reason this blog entry was brought about.  Ava has just begun her first official summer vacation.  We spent months talking about how we were going to spend our summer and sometimes that was the only way to get her to get on the bus, to remind her of our fun summer that was coming soon.  She is a list maker (like her daddy) and just as he makes lists while sitting at business meetings at work, she too makes lists while sitting at school.  She would make lists of all the things she wanted to do this summer.  These lists usually included picnics, swimming parties, park play dates, feeding ducks, visiting pet shop, and many other fun things.  I told her that we had to make sure we fit into our busy summer, things like chores, cleaning, and a little learning.  She marinated on my suggestions awhile and then came to me the last day of school and this is what she told me. (p.s. -  one more background detail here . . .a few days before school ended I was driving Ava to drop her off at school.  Her and Christian were fighting and yelling and I had just about had enough! I started the lecture of how I wanted to do fun things with them this summer but if they didn't work on their attitudes, we would end up spending all summer staying at home and working on just that. I explained that I didn't appreciate their ungratefulness, selfishness, yelling, whining, and etc.)

"Okay, So Mommy, here is our schedule for the summer:
Mondays we work on our attitudes
Tuesdays we play in the sand box
Wednesdays we swim for wacky Wednesdays at Heidi's
Thursday we play outside or do fun things
Fridays we play games and stay in our jammies and just hang around at our house
Saturdays we clean the house
Sundays we go to church"

She was so excited about her new organized schedule, we tweaked it a little but she is still really trying to make me stick to her schedule. :)  So funny.  I suggested that we have some chores we  do each day, like make our beds, get dressed and clean our rooms.  She said she would think about it and get back to me. :)

I love that Girl!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think I need her help with our summer schedule. Trying to sort it out, and she seems to have it down :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, I know Jill, she cracks me up. How are you guys?

    ReplyDelete