Saturday, November 26, 2011

Orbisonia Train Ride with the Family

I know I am extremely behind in my posts, but life lately has been a tad bit elevated in my list of "things to do"  However, blogging is therapeutic for me, so I am focusing on the many blessings in my life.  I want to take us back to September 25, this year.  Micah's mom and dad wanted to take Christian on a train ride in Orbisonia, and so we finally had the date set.  After church we met his parents back at our house and started on our way. We were planning to stop to eat at Milky Way.  What Micah didn't know was since it was his Birthday, his parents had let the rest of the family know so they all met us up there to eat with us and surprise him.  He even got a donut with a candle for his birthday. :)



My goof ball of a hubby, Happy 33rd sweet schmookums!!

After lunch, we headed to the train station and bought our tickets.  The boys were having fun hanging out and the kids were so excited.  We snapped many pictures but the best was of the kids with their tickets standing with the conductor.  Christian was determined to give the conductor that ticket. :)

It was a gorgeous day and the weather was amazing.  The ride was smooth and the train whistle was a joy to Christian every time they blew it, which seemed to be pretty often.  Christian sat with Pappy most of the ride and Ava actually fell asleep on the way back.  She curled right up on the train bench and slept.



We had a short pit stop at a little park and picnic area.  We managed to get a lady to take a quick picture of us on the train, with our group.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment