Friday, May 13, 2011

My Own Personal Super Hero

Ava is spending the night at her Grandma Bumbaugh's house and so we have little man all to ourselves.  Micah and I love these days / nights because Christian is so fun to be with and we get to focus on him.  We were just hanging out, having fun and doing special little things for our son.  When we pulled into our Driveway, I leaned over and kissed Micah and told him I loved him. 

Then next thing we heard was a sweet little voice coming from behind Micah's seat saying, "daddy, you not cute. .. You a SUPER HERO!!!"  He was so sincere and I actually teared up. 
Isn't that the way we all look at our dads.  Wanting them to be our superheroes and wanting them to save us from the despair in life and the desperate situations we find ourselves in?  That is how I see God.  He is our Heavenly Father and I see him as my own personal SUPER HERO.  I know, I know, he is in charge of saving ALL of us, but I still see him as MINE.  I love Him and I am so glad He sent His Son so I could go free, and someday I too will be set free from the desperate situations I find myself in here on Earth.  Praise Be To GOD!!! I am so grateful I have so much more to look forward to thank what is here facing me now.  don't get me wrong, I love my life, but thank the Good Lord we have something to hope for and focus on. . . we have the promise of Heaven and an eternity with our Super Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment