Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dutch Fest - - -The Runaways

So, if you would have asked Brianna and myself a few months ago, we would have said that boys are definitely easier to raise than girls.  hahha, we have since changed our minds and though we do believe for us, our boys were easier babies, they are NOT easier toddlers and preschoolers.  They, can I say, proved their point undeniably last night while we were at the Shalom Dutch Fest. 
Ryan, Brianna, Micah and I and all four kids decided to go over and get dinner and walk around last night at the Dutch Fest.  There is a ton of delicious food and activities for the kids.  The first thing we saw and of course this trumped food in the kids mind, we came upon a moon bounce.  Reece, Ava, and Christian were all three bouncing around the moon bounce before they even got into the thing.  They were running and squealing and then in the actual moon bounce, we were worried our kids were gonna dominate all the other kids and hurt them.  Our three were def. the crazy ones.  Anyone could have seen they were related. :)

Can't you see their excitement. . .while waiting to get into the moon bounce.

The next thing on our agenda was to EAT. .or at least that was on the adults agenda.  The kids. . . not so much.  They wanted to play on the playgrounds.  So, the men got our food, Micah made a scene, and the kids played.  There were tons of kids running around and it was hard keeping track of the three crazies.  Christian got stuck on the top of a seesaw and was screaming and then I found Reece hanging off a rock climbing wall yelling for help too.  They kept us hopping. 


Oh, yeah, and keeping track of shoes was a nightmare.  They were having fun though.

At one point, I was in charge of all three while Ryan went to find Brianna to show her where we were.  It literally was a few minutes, less than five and yet, the events that transpired sent us all into a laughing and scared panic.  I had my eye on Ava and Reece but I couldn't find Christian. I was panicking a little but figured he wouldn't have wondered too far.  Then it hit me, he might have, no he wouldn't, but yup, he did.  He wondered over to the barrels being pulled by the tractor and was sitting there.  When I saw him, he saw me and the ride was starting to pull away.  He smiled so proud and was waving.  I was attempting to find and locate Reece and Ava and the next thing I know, Ava was yelling at me telling me Reece was out there.  I looked and sure enough he was running behind the train of barrels and trying to grab onto the back of the last one.  he accomplished this twice and fell both times. The tractor guy was looking around behind trying to figure out what was going on and I was Panicked. I started screaming for him to come here and I think I scared the poor guy, because Reece looked up saw me and started to cry.  I snatched his hand up and just then Ava, who I had told to stay put in the safe area was standing beside me and they were both a little rattled.  To say the least so was I.  I had a hold of both kids hands and headed over to where the ride was ending only to see Little Man still grinning and just being so proud.  I honestly think he had NO IDEA what was coming next.  After I had relayed the story to the other three parents, the four of us promised punishment to the three kids.  The punishment was that we cancelled our slumber party.  Reece was supposed to get to spend the night last night and we decided that wasn't going to happen.  It was a sad few moments while the punishment sunk into the three runaways. 

Later on the way home, we laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee myself, but it wasn't funny when it happened.  So after that story, I am sure you understand why we find the boys to be a tad more difficult than the girls.  Though they were our easier babies.  haha. .  . Just glad we are all okay and funny to hear each of their own personal accounts of the story. :)

Poor Reecey, his crying broke my heart. 
And finally, to end the story with a group picture. . before we went to Ritas.

2 comments:

  1. It was so nice seeing all of you. I can't imagine watching four children, because Amirah kept the two of us hopping and the ration was 2 adults to 1 child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing so hard at this post Michelle! I'm sorry, I'm sure at that moment it wasn't too funny, but it WAS really funny to read, especially since I have had that frantic, running from one kid to the next feeling before! :)It stinks to take something fun away, that you really want to do though, doesn't it?! We had this special thing planned for Mya after her preschool graduation, but her behaviour was so awful in the few days beforehand that we decided not to do it. Darn kids, ruining our plans! ;) Oh, and I want to know how Micah made a scene!

    ReplyDelete