Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Two Spaces that are Sick"

This morning, at 5:30, I heard a weird noise and then I heard Ava in a hushed voice, "Christian, Christian, sit up and look at this."  I walked over to tell her to be quiet only to find out Christian had thrown up in her bed.  As I was grabbing him to take him to the bathroom to clean up, Ava, wide awake, was following me while saying, "well, Mommy, I heard this noise and I saw this stuff so I smelled it and it was his frow up and so I was waking him up to tell him that he frowed up and he was already awake."  I was still cleaning a very sad Christian up and checking for his fever and cleaning the bed and blankets and sheets.  She, my lovely daughter, was still talking, saying in her mother goose voice, "Now, Christian, you should have sat up and told mommy you had to frow up.  I frowed up one time in Mommy's room and I had to wake her up to tell her. Remember that mommy?"  Anyway, this pretty much one sided conversation lasted for the remainder of our cleaning up session and then once I got Christian her both back and settled for the night, I was laying their talking to them.  Ava says, "mommy, Christian is sick on his belly and I don't know where he got that sickness, but he just got it.  I am sick on my neck (meaning her throat) and I, well, I have two spaces in my body that are sick.  My neck is worser and then my belly is just some sick, so it is alright.  It is only sick cause of my neck." 

This girl makes me laugh, here I am taking care of them and trying to get them to go back to sleep and she is just talking away.  It took her awhile to get back to sleep.  She makes me smile.   Now, today, the day of the BIG SUPER BOWL, we are home sick.  Two kids with fevers and whining around.  Looks like another day of snuggling and loving is in the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment