Monday, January 10, 2011

Time to Let Go and Let God

It is really hard to continue to hold your head up high, while life is taking the turns it takes.  The sermon we sat through today at church talked about not losing our soul to the things of this world, but risking losing all only to gain our soul in Christ.  This was a great sermon for this particular week.  I have been struggling as of late with allowing my life to continue to change in so many ways, while still staying content and happy where I am.  It seems the more things change, the more out of CONTROL I feel.
To look at my life, you would see I have it all, meaning the perfect hubby and two wonderful children that bless me everyday.  This is true, but what you may not know about me is that I HATE CHANGE!! Even if I know it is good or will turn out to be good someday, I HATE it.  Who doesn't, right?  Change means things will never be the same.  They will never be the way they have been for years or months in the past.  This could be changes in relationships (which are my all time most hated changes) or changes in surroundings or changes in circumstances.  All of these, usually no matter what they are, I find myself looking longingly back at what "used to be."   I know this is not how God intended it to be, so I do try and fight this desire to constantly look BACK in my life.  I have been working on focusing on the present and enjoying every moment and embracing the good and bad.  I have been also working on being content wherever life takes me.  I try to focus on the future and keep my head high.  And hey, one thing for sure, you can't fully get the benefit from changes in your life, if you are desperately still trying to hang on to what was or used to be.  So this is all impertinent to what I have to say next.

Ok, so this week, Micah was "let go" at his job.  No warning, no finish out this week, just sent home.  I have to say that this sort of blow a few years ago in our marriage, would have sent us for a loop.  However, we have had enough of these sort of BAD surprises, that we kind of experienced what we call the famous "peace that surpasses all understanding." Not that we are naive to what is happening, but we feel that we have seen God work so many times in our lives that we would be stupid to doubt him now.  We have experienced true miracles in our lives, real incidents that God walked us through and brought us out on the top every time.  In fact, find ourselves almost excited as  we wait to see how he is gonna work this one out. 

So, while I am calmly awaiting guidance from the Lord in this situation, I am also anticipating big things.  I am oddly to the point that I am grateful for the past rocky times in our lives, because it has built my faith, and I feel as though my faith is rock solid in the Lord.  I am grateful for the constant guidance from our parents and now I feel as though our faith is to the point that we can fully trust in God.  I am not saying that accepting the changes are easy or even fun, but I KNOW THAT GOD HAS SOMETHING BIGGER FOR US.  That is enough for me.  I don't know where God is leading us now and yes, things are changing in all aspects of my life, but I am ready to embrace and accept whatever God's will is for my family and my life.

1 comment:

  1. wow, michelle. will be praying for you guys as you wait for the next step. i'm not a big fan of change either, btw! glad i saw this post today so that i know what you guys are going through.

    ReplyDelete