Sunday, January 16, 2011

Laughter and Half Smiles

Last month, I took Christian to a Pediatric Dentist in State College to get a cavity filled.  We had to get up really early and so I just kept him in his pajamas.  When we got there he was so excited to play with the other kids in the very cool waiting room, that was made up as a castle and playground indoors.  Then we got called to our little room and they were asking me if he would be okay with going back by himself.  I knew he would have no problem and I was so proud as the lady took his hand to lead him back and he turned to wave at me and say "bye mommy" and then he smiled as he looked up at the lady leading him and said, "I Christian, what your name?"  My heart melted.  He wasn't the least bit scared and the assistants and dentist later informed me he was quite the trooper.  I was so proud when he came walking out with his one side of his whole face numb and still smiling away at me.  Because the one side was numb, he literally only smiled with one side of his face.  It was the cutest thing ever.  The assistant sat down beside me and said that once he got the laughing gas so they could work on his tooth, he started talking incessantly and wouldn't stop.  They said he did a great job.  Afterwards, we took him to get a milk shake from McDonalds and he was totally for that one. 
Here is a picture of him "smiling" for all he had, but only half of his face worked. I couldn't stop laughing.  :)

Now we are just being silly.  I am so proud of this little guy.  What a trooper.  The really cute part was when they offered him prizes, he could pick out two things.  He actually picked something to bring home to Ava.  The assistant loved this too.  She couldn't believe he was so worried about his sissy, so she gave him two toys for himself and then he still got one for Ava. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment