Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Few Christianisms

We are sending Christian to speech therapy and he is doing superbly.  He loves his teacher and she does a great job with him.  He has been going since September of 2010 and I feel his language has improved by leaps and bounds.  What he understands and definitely what he says.  He now talks in very clear and full sentences and sometimes, I wonder why I was so worried when he didn't talk much.  As we all know, often when a child learns to really express themselves with language, it is a few years until they stop talking, incessantly.  Well, such is the case with our little guy.  He talks ALL the time.  Sometimes, we tune him out because his talking is random and not connected. The one things that is so funny is that he loves to go to his "peech perody"  that is what he calls it.  Like I said, he is doing an EXCELLENT job. :)
Here is an example of what he sounds like at the breakfast table. . .:)  "I want pancakes mommy, I love pancakes mommy, chocolate milk?  I want Chocolate milk in my cup mommy.  Where is daddy at. . .he at work? Why?" Then I say "yes Christian, daddy is at work."  as I hand him his chocolate milk and pancakes and then he says, "I ride BIG THOMAS with my friend Angel!!  Thomas not talk to me?  Why?  I watch a movie. . watch Polar espress?  I love that movie."  This is an example of how he talks.  It is really cute and very random.  It is almost as though since he started talking, he loves the sound of his own voice and he just talks to talk.  Micah says he gets it from me. . probably true for I am very random in speech and thoughts. :)  Like mother like son.
A few things we are working on in speech therapy right now are his pronunciation of his "s" in front of words.  For example, instead of saying snowman, he says 'noman' or instead of snake, he says 'nake'.  So we are focusing on this.  He has in the past few months just started recognizing his colors which we have worked on for awhile and when he finally started recognizing and getting the answers right, he smiled so big and told me, "mommy, I learned!"  He is so proud of himself, he walks around telling me the colors of EVERYTHING he sees.  So funny.
He has problems with saying "what her doing?" or "her is so pretty"  so we are focusing also on "She Is pretty." and stuff like that.  He is doing better but it is so cute to hear him try and then correct himself. :)
He loves to sit and look at pictures in books and 'read' to himself.  His attention span to sit through a book I am reading has greatly increased in length.  Especially if I am reading a book that has something to do with trucks, airplanes, tractors, or trains.  These capture his interest time and time again.
Finally, the other day I put him in his room for quiet time.  When I let him out, I asked if he had to pee and he said, "i already did!!"  Later Ava came out carrying an empty toy box with urine in the bottom and said, "look what he did mommy." Here, he had taken the time to empty the box, drop his pants, and pee in the toy box.  Wouldn't it have been easier to call out and say, "mom, i have to pee in the potty?"  oh well, these are the days that I will laugh about and remember. I love my son.  He is such a great joy in my life. 
Thank you Lord for the blessing of our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment