Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Laughter in My Life

There are many things that make me laugh, my husband being at the top of my list.  He makes me laugh more than anyone, but as my children are getting older, they are running a close second.  Christian truly is a very humorous boy.  He LOVES to laugh and does a lot of it.  He can be sitting beside you playing and all of a sudden he bursts out into a contagious boisterous laugh and with no apparent reason.  This often, after a few seconds, has me in stitches because he is so sincere with his laughter.  It might be just the fact that a toy train rolled off the track he was playing with and he starts laughing, or maybe a little boy in the store made a face at him.  He just LOVES laughing and it is one of my very favorite qualities about him.  He is really good at making others laugh too, but I am pretty sure I am the easiest target.  I laugh at him quite a bit through any given day when spending time with him.  He just brightens my life and I love him and the gift of laughter and joy he has brought into my life. 

An Example of his contagious laughter happened the other day while I was trying some things on in a dressing room.  I was watching him out of the corner of my eye and he was standing in front of the mirror.  He threw his little hands up beside his face and started making this really high pitched, squeaky sort of noise and shook his head like he was ditsy.  I couldn't figure out what he was doing, so I asked him and he said, "I laughing like a girl mom."  I then asked him to laugh like a boy, and he lowered his voice and laughed in a really low voice.  Then he turned around and smiled at me and gave me the famous thumbs up sign.  As I started laughing, cause it struck me so funny and he started laughing and I said, "that is how Christian laughs"  :)  He is so funny though. 

He also finds movies very funny and he will laugh OUT LOUD at all times of the movie.  He laughs so loud that yesterday when he went to a Christmas program with his Grandparents, he started laughing out loud and many of the people were turning around to see and laugh at him.  I may have to figure a way to tone that down someday, but it was funny and very sincere.  He truly thought that what was happening on stage was so funny. :)  That's my boy.  He kind of takes after his Nana.  One time when I took her to the movies, she was laughing so hard at one part that she stood up in the theater and started laughing.  :)  Guess he gets it honest. 

Life would be boring without laughter and so I am very grateful for the many reasons to laugh in my life, and the people I have to enjoy that laughter with.

No comments:

Post a Comment