Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Changes Can Be Fun . . . .and Sad at the Same Time

A small update for this past few months has to do with my family situation.  My mom, my best friend, went to spend time with her parents in Missouri.  We are all missing her more than we ever imagined and Christmas this year will be quite a bit different without her here.  It helps that she is loving it and enjoying her time catching up and hanging out with her mom and dad, but she is greatly missed by ALL back here at home. 

Micah has helped me tremendously with dealing with the changes since I don't deal well at all when things change, especially big changes.  He allows me to cry or laugh or just obsessively talk about these things over and over again.  He supports my mom's and my relationship and that is something I prayed for before I ever met my husband.  That my husband would love and respect my parents and respect the relationship between my mom and I.  He does, he loves my mom and he cries with me sometime, because he hates to see me missing her so much. 

One of the things that helps me to cope with change is by making new traditions.  Family time with my children and husband are very important to me and Micah has been great at helping me to prioritize and we are making awesome FAMILY memories together.  My favorite times are when we are all sitting in our warm and comfy living room and enjoying the company of our two silly kids.  They of course, love the attention and bask in it.  They act sillier and giggle and laugh a ton and this is so warming to my heart.  They love "famy time" as they call it. Bring on the Christmas festivities and traditions!!

 I feel so overly blessed and in love with my life and though I miss my mom, I know I will see her again soon and I am glad she is getting this opportunity.  I can't think of anyone more deserving than her, to get a dream come true.  She is so self sacrificing.

1 comment:

  1. hope you guys have a wonderful christmas together, even without your mom. love hearing how micah has been such a support. we are having fun with making traditions with the kids!

    ReplyDelete