Sunday, March 31, 2013

Texts Succ. . . . .

Ava has really been watching people with phones.  She wants one, Now. . .and though we keep explaining that she doesn't need one and won't be getting one for a very long time, she is still very disgruntled about it.  She has, in the past few days, decided to borrow my phone and text her cousin REECE.  The conversations are very cute and funny and I think they both enjoy them very much.  I haven't asked Brianna yet if she laughs as hard as I do at them, but I am certain she does. Usually their texts talk about what time they woke up and what they are doing.  Then they turn into words like. . ."poop Ava" and then "pee Reece"  yup, they have fun.  I guess they are safe to have these conversations at this age at least. :)

So, Ava gets up this morning and decides she NEEDS to use my phone to text Reece and find out if he is going to church.  She doesn't NEED my help, as she so quickly reminds me, so she is on her own. She is working for quite a while on one text and I keep telling her to get ready for church.  Finally I come and read what she is writing.  It says something sweet about going to church and she hopes he can come too.  Then she pushes done and sends it.  I walk back into the room later and she looks so so sad. I asked her what it said and she just hands me the phone. I realize that she has texted to their land line and so the text bubble that came back, to respond and tell us that is was successfully sent to land line says "this message was succ. . . . " and then you have to go on to see the rest of the message.  She was so sad and finally I realized that she thought her aunt had written her back and said her message was SUCK.  hahahah.  I had to explain the whole thing, that she had accidentally sent it to the wrong number and not her cell number.  I am not sure she quite understands yet, but it does make me laugh every time I think of it.  Poor girl loves her aunt and she was so distraught in that little time that she thought her aunt, her biggest fan, had actually said her message was suck. hahahaha.  :)  LOVE my little Beaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment