Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mama Ava

Well, it is officially true. . .my daughter wants to be a mama.  She walked around all last Sunday with a baby stuffed up under her dress and pretending she was carrying a baby in her belly.  She would playfully and lovingly pat her little baby bump as she walked around and she asked if I wanted to take any pictures of her before she had the baby.  She must have remembered me taking pictures of aunt Bleppies before she had Roman.  So, of course I obliged and took some quick shots before she went and had the doctor "crack my belly open and take my baby out." Christian, with his NEW desire to be a doctor, graciously offered to do the whole thing for her. . .
 
 
Then moments after, we have our proud Mama.  She was so so proud and walked around like a peacock.  She asked if I would love to see her precious baby and I said, that I would def. love that. I held her and made all over her and Mama Ava was so proud.  She just mimicked the funniest things. . .anything she had seen family or friends of ours doing while pregnant and then as a new mom.  It was so dear and for a second, but ONLY a second, I got a small glimpse in my heart of what it might be like to be a Grandma and see your daughter loving on her daughter or son.  I have to say, I am absolutely sure I will love it almost as much if not more than the moment I first held my own babies.  I will embrace the Grandma stage with open arms. . .as long as she takes her time and does it all right. :)  Love this glimpse of how fun it will be, SOMEDAY FAR in the FUTURE!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment